Steve's Club Nashville is a branch of Steve's Club National Program, a member-based 501(c)(3) for under-served youth fitness.
We began coaching youth in Nashville, TN with CrossFit Strength and Conditioning Program in January of 2012.
Imagine a country where kids grow up valuing fitness and nutrition, where youth from disadvantaged backgrounds are given the opportunity to improve their health, fitness, and personal development.
Teens from tough neighborhoods and difficult family lives choose to be involved in fitness, sports, and other positive outlets instead of drugs, gangs, and violence. After school, they go to their local gym (CrossFit Affiliate) where they sweat alongside other members of their local community - firefighters, lawyers, doctors, businessmen, soccer moms, etc.
CrossFit offers a positive framework and community to help underserved youth grow into stronger and healthier individuals- both physically and mentally. Working out and eating well become second nature, and they learn life lessons in a supportive environment - discovering what they're capable of, pushing themselves to work hard and strive for something greater.
CrossFit changes lives, but these changes happen on the individual and local level. We hope to reach these kids by offering free or subsidized access to fitness in their own neighborhoods.
Personal health is a strong platform for future development; by giving them the right tools and encouragement, we can make a difference in the lives of individual kids and begin to create change on a larger scale. The future of America rests with our youth.
Interested in learning more?
* Integrity: Do the right thing
* Respect: Treat everyone well, play fairly
* Improvement: Keep learning, growing, and getting better everyday
* Teamwork: Help each other, cooperate, be loyal to the group
* Support: Encourage and motivate others
* Positivity: Have a good attitude, rebound from challenges, believe that you can
* Discipline: Work hard, be dedicated, commit to excellence
* Character: Strive to be the best you can be
* Community: Give back, be a good role model, inspire others